Duty Manager, White Horse, Burnham Green
Concept and Short Description of Pub
We are a progressive company looking to attain an excellent reputation for food and drink in the local area. The White Horse is the latest pub in a growing family operated in partnership with McMullens. We wish to continue and expand on the excellent work carried out by our executive chef in delivering a menu of classic pub favourites and homemade internationally inspired dishes. Based in Burnham Green, close to Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn and Tewin. The food offer is quality modern British and international dining in our bar and restaurant as well as catering for functions including weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties. Served in a friendly, professional manner. We always strive to go above and beyond the customers’ needs.
As Duty Manager you will be at the forefront of providing an excellent service in all areas of the business. You will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of each department and leading from the front with a hands on approach. This pub is all about the detail and believes that this is what makes a good and lasting impression. As a Duty Manager you will need to have the drive to succeed through hard work and commitment and a natural passion for the Hospitality industry.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
* Assisting with the smooth running of the pub
* Representing the pub to the highest of standards at all times
* Helping with cellar management
* Responding to any enquiries by phone, email
* Assisting with corporate and general events within the business
* Input ideas for marketing and representing the hotel in the best way
* Cashing up
* Supervising, training and supporting staff in all areas
Skills/ Experience required for the role of the Duty Manager;
* Recent, relevant experience within the Hospitality sector
* Management or Supervisory experience
* Ability to use effective communication with all levels of staff and display strong leadership qualities
* Highly motivated with the drive to succeed personally and to push the business forward
* Flexible approach to hours and duties to meet the business needs
* Presentable in appearance
* Charismatic and enthusiastic approach
* Use of a vehicle to/from work due to hours and location
This would suit someone who has been in the hospitality industry and would like more responsibility and a higher job position, or a candidate who would like the same responsibility but wants to downsize. A personal licence is required but can be obtained with training if needed. There are other training opportunities within the company for the right candidate.
We are situated close to Tewin, Welwyn, Digswell, Oaklands and Datchworth.
- Contract type:
- £20k+ dependent upon the skills/experience of the candidate + Generous Tips
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out