Trainee Assistant Manager, North Star, Welwyn
Trainee Assistant Manager - Destination
Are you looking for a career serving great food, delighting guests and leading and motivating a team? Great! We are currently recruiting for a talented, guest focussed individual to join us at The North Star situated in Welwyn.
Recently we have undergone a refurbishment, you would be joining a team dedicated to making the North Star, everyone’s favourite local. We currently serve around 700 guests per week. We have a function room, from which we host a range of events from buffets to sit-down meals. In the summer we have an amazing outside garden space with plenty of seating, where we serve al fresco dining.
As part of McMullen’s Destination Inns we deliver our guests a full table service dining experience, offering a classic British seasonal menu alongside daily changing Specials. We are proud of our reputation for great quality fresh food and exceptional service, therefore finding the right Trainee Assistant Manager to join our friendly team is essential.
Why Destination Inns?
Destination Inns are part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
• Great accommodation (if required)
• 50% discounted meals when you are working
• 25% discount card for you and your friends on your day off
• Fantastic career development – currently 53% of McMullen General Managers were promoted internally.
• A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
As a Trainee Assistant Manager you will be responsible for:-
• Delighting our guests through exceptional service
• Coaching and guiding our Team Members
• Running shifts and supporting the Management team
Prior experience within a supervisory role is essential however full training will be given through the McMullen Silver Award both in house and at our Training and Development Centre in Hertford.
Interested? Great. Please apply and we'll be in touch!
- Contract type:
- Up to £7.80 per hour (depending on age and experiences)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live In or Live Out