World Beer Celebration, August 7th
International Beer Day at Work!
No matter whether you’re a lager lover or a real ale enthusiast, there is no excuse not to raise a glass of your favourite pint to International Beer Day!
On Friday, 7th August take part in the world celebration at your local Macs Pub! This day is the perfect opportunity for you to show our appreciation to Chris Evans who brews McMullen Real Ale, and to the breweries who make the fantastic beer we stock from all over the world. Perfect for an afternoon drink in one of our beer gardens.
McMullen’s stock 48 beers for participating pubs and bars from 15 different countries around the world including:
Japan, Germany, USA, Mexico, France, Netherlands, India, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Belgium, Singapore and of course the UK!
World beers include (details correct as of 10/07/15 – subject to availability):
Coors Light 4.2% abv (US), Peroni Nastro Azzuro 5.1% abv (Rome), Tiger 5.0% abv (Singapore), Curious Brew 4.7% abv (UK), Estrella Galicia 5.5% abv (Spain), Camden Hells Lager 4.6% abv (UK), Meantime London Pale Ale 4.3% abv (UK), Freedom Four 4.0% abv (UK), Blue Moon 5.4% abv (Belgium), Foster’s 4.0% abv (Australia), SanMiguel 5.0% abv (Spain), Kingfisher 6.0% abv (India), Sol 4.4% abv (Mexico), Stella Artois 5.0% abv (Belgium), Brooklyn Lager 5.2% abv (US), Kronenbourg 5.0% abv (France), Amstel 5.0% abv (Amsterdam), Monteith’s 5.0% abv (New Zealand), Heineken 5.0% abv (Amsterdam) and Erdinger Weissbier 5.3% abv (Germany)
World Beer Facts for Trivia Lovers! (Source: http://www.factslides.com/s-Beer , http://stayevents.co.uk/interesting-facts-beer )
- International Beer Day was originated in 2007 in Santa Cruz, California
- George Washington had his own brewhouse on the grounds of Mount Vernon, Virginia
- Pyramid workers in Egypt were paid daily with 1 gallon (4L) of beer
- The recipe for beer made by Sumerians over 4,000 years ago is the oldest ever known
- In the Middle Ages beer was consumed more than water as the alcohol classed it as more safe
- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass
- Beer was not categorised as an alcoholic drink in Russia until 2013
- In the UK approximately 93,000 litres of beer are lost each year in facial hair
Beer sales around the world – who drinks the most?
Source: Telegraph, 2014
About The Event
International Beer Day was originated in 2007 in Santa Cruz, California. Originally International Beer Day was celebrated on 5th August. However, due to the popular demand it now takes place on the first Friday of August since 2013. There is no better combination than Friday and Beer after all.
If you're looking to celebrate International Beer Day at home, buy our British beer online.
Don't forget to tweet and instagram your beer moments with us @mcmullens1827comments powered by Disqus