#MacsOpenDay | Hertford Food & Drink Festival 2016
If we do one event this year, then it’s got to be Hertford’s Food & Drink festival… McMullen’s Brewery are celebrating this great community event for a third year with #MacsOpenDay opening the gates to the good people of Hertford and beyond to trophy all things food & drink.
Expect beers on tap, a brilliant selection of local & foodie produce, live music and family fun. This is a fundraising event by McMullen’s for charity Keech Hospice Care, part of the Hertford Food & Drink Festival.
Tickets available here: mcmullens.eventbrite.co.uk
- Venue – McMullen’s Brewery, 26 Old Cross, Hertford, SG14 1RD
- Up to 8 real ales – including award winning Stronghart and seasonal beer Hopping Mad.
- Beer available for sampling and to buy at the brewery including bottled beer and McMullen half pint and pint glassware, perfect for gifting and home consumption.
- Limited edition Authentic Heritage AK t-shirts.
- #MacsOpenDay is extended over the weekend of 7-9th October.
- It is free entry to the brewery courtyard on Saturday and Sunday, 9.30am-5.30pm.
- A number of activities can be accessed by ticket only ~ tickets start from £5.
- Vendors: Choux Stopper; UCC Coffee UK; Teapigs; Fresh Direct; Leaf Café; Riverside Garden Centre; Purely Clear Preserves; Fever Tree Drinks, Hertford Brew Club and of course McMullen’s Brewery!
- If you are a coffee lover or contribute to the 70 million cups of coffee consumed every day in the UK, UCC our coffee supplier will be offering complimentary hot brews on Saturday and Sunday and will be happy to talk café culture whilst showcasing their state of the art coffee machines.
- Sample very British McMullen beer and beverage ranges from Teapigs and Fever Tree Drinks.
- For food there’s award-winning choux bun pastries from street food patisier Choux Stopper on Saturday including an exclusive beer infused choux creation. Fresh Direct on Sunday with seasonal veg and fresh pumpkin soup to keep you warm. If a fan of cheese and bread, then visit Purely Clear Preserves stall and say hi to Jacqueline for her award winning jellies and jams. There will also be BBQ food on-the-go all weekend with chef representatives from local Riverside Garden Centre, showcasing Traeger Wood Pellet Grills and Weber Charcoal Barbecues.
- Foodie Workshop tickets available to buy via mcmullens.eventbrite.co.uk
- Friday: Night at The Brewery (tickets now sold-out) including an evening brewery tour, beer & food pairing and a short film screening in our pop-up bar.
- Saturday: A series of brewery tours are available at £5 (ticket exclusively sold via Hertford’s Tourist Information Centre). McMullen's are also opening up their Training & Development Kitchen to host Saturday Kitchen sessions such as the Choux Pastry Masterclass at 12pm with the very talented Simon from Choux Stopper at £10 per attendee. Our annual pop-up dinner restaurant is now fully booked and sure to be a hit!
- Live music from Two Sugar Records with Ed Tattersall and local musicians from 12 midday till 6pm - free entry.
- Sunday: Show stopping Suffolk Punch Trust horses and dray are making an appearance with more brewery tours on the day. There's family fun including pumpkin carving, craft activities with Hertford’s favourite children’s bookshop Leaf Café and a pop-up board game room to keep the entire family entertained. As part of our Sunday Brunch sessions there will be talks on seasonal veg with Fresh Direct; Britain’s love for a cuppa tea with experts Teapigs at 11am (£5);Jelly Making Demo at 12:30pm with Jacqueline from Purely Clear Preserves who makes a delicious hop jelly at £5 per ticket. and a workshop on how to make the perfect scone at 2pm with afternoon tea hosts The Salisbury Arms Hotel. The Hertford Brew Club will be joining from 12-4pm and offering free samples.
- McMullen beer will also be waving the flag at the Hertford Castle Beer & World Food Festival from 12-6pm on Sunday.
- Note: All proceeds go to charity Keech Hospice Care.
- Getting here: 15 minute walk from Hertford North or Hertford East train stations; alternatively the closest paid parking is available at Hartham Common Car Park, but it’s probably easier to leave the car at home.
- Part of the Hertford Food & Drink Festival - view full Hertford festival programme here www.gohertford.co.uk.
For further information or press accreditation please contact Daniella Robbins (Marketing Support Manager) on email@example.com
Checkout last year's festival happenings in pictures on McMullen's Brewery Facebook page.comments powered by Disqus