Since the start of this pandemic, we’ve done our utmost to remain focussed on the ‘can do’s’ and not on the ‘can’t do’s’. We are driven by the communities we serve and our pub and brewery teams have continued to support their local communities, help charities and set up shops for NHS and key workers. Our pubs have never been cleaned as much as they have been in 2020, we’ve deep cleaned on closing and then cleaned again for opening, x2. Our teams were trained and we prepared the business to reopen safely, COVID Secure with a focus on retaining the atmosphere and hospitality that you expect and enjoy.
We’ll open 85% of our pubs under the new, tighter restrictions, as we believe that those communities we serve should be given the opportunity to enjoy our hospitality. It’s frustrating that our guests can’t just pop in for a pint right now, but we support the restrictions and are doing our bit to help us all through this crisis as soon as is possible.
Most of our pubs are in Tier 2, which means that you are welcome to visit as long as you are in a group of no more than 6, from the same household, plus support bubble and enjoying a meal. It is also permissible for business meetings to be held in the pub, with groups of up to 6 people eating a meal, so do let us know if we can facilitate that. Up to 6 friends or loved ones from different households can dine outside - it’s the perfect chance to dig out the ski wear / travel blanket or last years unwanted Christmas jumper and bring the warmth with you!
As we enter this next stage, each of us will arrive having had a different experience of lockdown number 2 and the last month. We hope that you feel safe to visit, but understand if you aren’t quite ready yet. We’re here and are looking forward to welcoming our guests back as and when they feel the time is right. Please let us know if you feel we can improve in any way.
Thank you in advance for visiting your local and thank you to everyone that provided and continues to provide front line support to us all. We will get through this and it is just a blip in life’s rich tapestry.
Joint Managing Director
We have followed PHE and Government advice and implemented the following actions across our managed estate, in order to mitigate the risks posed to our team, guests and suppliers.
- All pubs will be closed to guests from 11pm
- Masks must be worn at all times around the pub until you are seated at your designated table unless you are personally exempt.
- Full site-specific risk assessment completed which will consider capacity, space requirements, entrances, exit and pinch points. These have been tweaked and adjusted since opening where required.
- Every member of our team has completed a minimum of 1 certified Covid Secure e-learning course and refresher training for other areas
- Every member of our team has completed a ‘Back to work’ Health Questionnaire, and will complete a ‘Fit to Work Health Tracker’ before each shift
- We have communicated a live ‘Operating Brief and Guidelines’ document to all of our team, which we update and amend as Public Health England and Government guidance changes
- We have provided our team with PPE, where required, in line with Government guidance, including washable face coverings which are for optional use
- Team will work in “fixed team partnering” where possible, start and finish times will be staggered where required
- We will deliver further enhanced handwashing, cleaning regimes and monitoring.
- Hand gel sanitiser will be available for guest use
- We have briefed our team in ways to maintain social distancing between each other and guests where possible and to mitigate risk where this cannot be achieved, for example by facing back to back or side to side or reducing proximity duration
- We will encourage cashless payments and reduce vertical drinking to a minimum via seated service
- Guest numbers will be controlled
- Bookings will be encouraged or mandated, depending on the site
- Takeaway food will be available
- Track and Trace requirements will be supported via a QR code or by our online booking system. All details retained for 21 days and in line with GDPR guidelines.
- Signage will support our endeavours in site
- We will train, coach, monitor, listen and learn as time progresses and guidance changes
- We will continue to promote health and wellbeing, partnering with the Licenced Trade Charity and adding various e learning courses to our teams learning platform including: Personal Resilience, Mental Health Support Champion, Diversity and Equality, LGBT and Unconscious Bias along with a plethora of other courses to help all of our team feel comfortable and confident in the workplace
We are following all the latest government advice around safe social distancing to make sure your visit is safe and stress free. We are arranging our seating plan so that you and your booking can enjoy your space safely.
Everyone appreciates their own space, during your visit be mindful of your fellow guests at all times and be sure to allow space for others to enjoy.
At all times during your visit, contact time will be reduced to a minimum, all orders will be taken at the table to save you coming to the bar, food and drinks will be delivered to you in the safest way possible.
We will ask you to use our single use menus which will be recycled after your visit, or you can take them home with you.
Our already very high hygiene standards are being enhanced, with cleaning schedules adhered to around the pubs, restaurants, golf course and hotel.
If you spot something that we've missed, please make a member of the team aware so they can correct it.
Our teams will complete a daily health tracker before entering the building so we can keep not only our guests safe but our teams safe as well.
Our teams have also undergone additional training for a safe reopening of your local.
We are following government advice in safely keeping a note of our guests contact details in case we need to contact you with any information after your visit.