Assistant Manager, Sun, Hoddesdon
Do you love being busy, delivering great service and motivating your team? Great! We are currently recruiting for a talented, guest focussed individual to join us as an Assistant Manager.
The Sun, Hoddesdon is part of McMullen’s ever expanding Chicken & Grill concept. We offer our guests attentive table service, freshly rotisserie roasted chickens, grilled meats and classic pub food, all complimented by McMullen’s locally brewed ales, in well-designed surroundings. However, we know that we can’t achieve any of this without great Assistant Managers helping to run our pubs!
C & G No. 7. In the McMullen family since 1886. A Chicken & Grill Pub since 2013. If you knew the Sun before, you’d have been amazed at the transformation following the re-design and refurbishment. Spacious, yet cosy. Chickens roasting away greet you as you enter, from there you’re taken care of in the dining room or hosted in the private dining / function area. Just had a busy day in the shops? No problem, relax on the sofa with a cup of freshly ground coffee.
We have a reputation for great quality food and exceptional service and therefore finding the right person to join our friendly team is essential.
Why join Chicken and Grill Pubs as an Assistant Manager?
Chicken and Grill Pubs are part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Great accommodation - if required
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% discount on drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic career development – currently over 50% of McMullen General Managers were promoted internally
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Exceeding guest expectations daily
- Leading the team to follow our bespoke guest journey
- Coach and guide new Team Members
- All aspects of cash and stock control
- Management duties including dealing with bookings/functions, rota planning, cellar management, and deputising in the Managers absence
Interested? Great. Please apply and we'll be in touch!
- Contract type:
- £19,000 to £22,000 per year (Depending on experience and Live In/ Live Out)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live In or Live Out