Chef de Partie, Nags Head, Covent Garden
Chef de Partie
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving a classic pub menu, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Chef de Partie to work within our busy kitchen team.
The Nags Head is an iconic London pub with a fabulous room for private hire. The Nag’s delights tourists, locals and workers alike across two floors, 7 days a week with true hand-crafted McMullen real ales, world beers, fine wines and hearty traditional pub food and after-work libations.
The upstairs restaurant opened to the public in November 2015 as a brand new dining and private hire space, a modern take on British tradition. With seating for 60 dining guests for lunch or dinner, in a more intimate setting than downstairs it boasts unforgettable scenic views of Floral Street, James Street and the Covent Garden Piazza.
The Nags Head is part of the McMullen family who believe in making decisions for the long term. We believe in looking after our teams, and creating a positive working atmosphere. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Achievable bonus scheme
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £10.50 per hour (depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out