Chef, Queens Head, Waltham Abbey
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving a classic pub menu, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
The Queen’s Head has been a McMullen pub since we purchased the Hope Brewery in 1920 – a brewery first established in 1830 at McMullen’s Old Cross, Hertford base, where we still brew hand-crafted real ale to this day. At the Queens Head you can relax, enjoy and soak up the atmosphere in your perfect friendly local with value pub food. Hand-crafted local ales, world beers, hand selected wines and traditional pub games. Therefore finding the right Chef to join us is essential.
Why join the Queens Head as a Chef?
The Queens Head is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Achievable bonus scheme
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skill further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’
- Chef uniform provided
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- From £8.50 per hour (Depending on expereince)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out