Chef, White Hart, Potters Bar
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving a classic pub menu, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
Wowing South Mimms locals for years with traditional British food, locally brewed real ales, single malts, fine wines, roaring fires, old world charm in a stunning historic building, the White Hart is a cosy snug of a pub offering all that makes pubs great. It’s a traditional two-bar pub, with a Gentleman’s Bar (ladies of course are most welcome), the cosy lounge, which is perfect for leisurely Sunday roasts, and the hidden garden for alfresco eating and drinking.
Why join the White Hart, South Mimms as a Chef?
The White Hart is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Achievable bonus scheme
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skill further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’
- Chef uniform provided
- Accommodation available - if required
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £8.50 per hour (Depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live In or Live Out