Chef, White Horse, Hemel Hempstead
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving a classic pub menu, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
The White Horse is situated in Bourne End and is a lovely country pub a stone’s throw from the river Boulbourne, charmed by its oak-beamed interiors and warm log fire.
The White Horse serves fine Hertfordshire ales, world beers and fine wines coupled with British heritage food and seasonal ingredients. Our Sunday roasts are a must, for our guests whilst they enjoy one of our many cozy quiet corners or alfresco garden patio. Therefore, finding the right Chef to join us is essential.
Why the White Horse as a Chef?
The White Horse is part of the McMullen family who believe in making decisions for the long term. We believe in looking after our teams, and creating a positive working atmosphere. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Achievable bonus scheme
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
- Chef uniform provided
Key Responsibilities of a Chef:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working as a Chef within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £9.50 per hour (depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out