Full and Part Time Chef, Wheelwrights, Cheshunt
Full Time / Part Time Chef
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving a classic pub menu, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time / Part time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
A ‘proper’ local pub right at the heart of the community, Wheelwrights offers locally brewed real ales, world beers, great wine and good hearty pub food to eat indoors or outside when weather permits. The Wheelwrights is situated in Goffs Oak and is part of our 2-4-12 concept. Therefore finding the right Chef to join us is essential.
Why join the Wheelwrights as a Chef?
The Wheelwrights is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
Interested? Great! Get in touch
- Contract type:
- Up to £9.00 per hour (Depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Full Time or Part Time
- Live in/out:
- Live Out