Full Time Chef, Builders Arms, Potters Bar
Full Time Chef
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving classic pub food, within a Company who trains and develops their Chefs and teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
As part of McMullen’s McFayre concept we deliver classic pub dishes, alongside some more contemporary food. We are proud of our reputation within the area for being a great community pub and therefore finding the right Chef to join us is essential.
Why join the Builders Arms as a Chef?
The Builders Arms is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% discount on drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic career development – currently over 50% of McMullen General Managers were promoted internally
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Responsibilities for a Chef:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £9.00 per hour (Depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out