Full Time Chef, Kings Reach, Biggleswade
Full Time Chef
Are you looking to work in a fast paced environment, for an expanding concept with lots of opportunity to progress in a company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
The Kings Reach is part of McMullen’s ever expanding Chicken & Grill concept. We offer our guests freshly rotisserie roasted chickens, grilled meats and classic pub food, in well-designed surroundings. However, we know that we can’t achieve any of this without a fantastic chefs who enjoy their job and have fun!
Why Chicken and Grill Pubs as a Chef?
Chicken and Grill Pubs are part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Responsibilities of a Chef:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £9.50 per hour (Depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out