General Manager, Orange Tree, Hitchin
GENERAL MANAGER VACANCY
The Orange Tree – Hitchin
An amazing opportunity for an experienced General Manager to stamp their personality on this great pub.
Ideally situated on the main Stevenage to Hitchin road, just a mile or so from the town centre of Hitchin, The Orange Tree benefits from high volume of passing trade as well as being surrounded by a healthy amount of residential properties. The demographic of the local area is one of couples and families with disposable income, meaning the potential to create a real ‘locals pub’ is one which is very exciting.
We’re looking for a high calibre manager with exceptional standards and an innovative approach to business. This is an exciting opportunity for a manager who is forward thinking, passionate about hospitality and can bring bundles of energy to the role. In addition, local community engagement will be key and you will need to have demonstrated these skills in your current role.
Key General Manager Attributes
- Understanding the guests needs and responding to market demand
- Flawless execution of the offer
- Creation of sales driving activity on a regular basis
- Coaching and guiding the team - to get the best out of them every day
- Being able to spot talent and develop individuals to reach their potential
- Financial management of the business to deliver profit growth
- All aspects of licensing, food and health & safety compliance in line with the law
In return for your commitment we offer a three bedroom flat. In addition, the pub has separate staff accommodation.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: £27k-£32k (based on Single Manager and experience)
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Good bonus scheme
- Team discount card
All applicants must have visited the site before contacting me. Please ensure you also talk to your Line Manager before applying (if internal). Applications to email@example.com.
Applicants selected for interview will be required to have visited the site and be prepared to present a comprehensive business plan.
Closing date; Friday 21st December
- Contract type:
- £27k-£32k (based on Single Manager and experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live In