Line Chef - Live In Available, Salisbury Arms Hotel, Hertford
Are you looking to work with fresh food in a fast paced environment, within a company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Line Chef to work within our busy kitchen team at the Salisbury Arms Hotel, Hertford.
As part of McMullen’s Destination Inns we deliver our guests a full table service dining experience, offering a classic British seasonal menu alongside daily changing Specials which the kitchen team create. We are proud of our reputation for great quality fresh food and exceptional service, therefore finding the Grill Chef to join our friendly team is essential. The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Why join the Team at the Salisbury Arms Hotel as a Chef?
The Salisbury Arms Hotel is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- Accommodation - If requires
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’
- Chef uniform provided
- Achievable bonus scheme
Key Responsibilities of a Grill Chef:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £10.00 per hour (Depending on experience and Live In/ Live Out)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live In or Live Out