Sous Chef, Peahen, St Albans
Are you looking to work within a great team, serving a classic pub menu, within a Company who trains and develops their kitchen teams? Great! We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Sous Chef to work within our busy kitchen team.
The Peahen is an all-day dining experience, opening for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers our guests freshly prepared contemporary food as well as daily changing specials. As Sous Chef you will support the Head Chef and deliver this guest experience whilst having fun and being an important part of our friendly team.
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
- Achievable bonus scheme
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Taking lead & responsibility in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £10.50 per hour (depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out