Trainee Assistant Kitchen Manager, Queens Arms, New Barnet
Trainee Assistant Kitchen Manager
Are you looking for a career at a great pub serving classic pub dishes within an established company? Great! We are currently recruiting for a motivated and driven Trainee Assistant Kitchen Manager to join our team.
The Queens Arms is located in Barnet and is a welcome escape from Barnet’s bustling town centre. Great for a bite to eat, relaxing after shopping, or just a post-work libation, it’s famous for locally brewed real ale and great value pub meals.
We are proud of our reputation for serving good quality pub food and as an Assistant Kitchen Manager you will help lead the team to deliver this to our guests.
Why Join McMullens?
- Achievable bonus scheme
- Great accommodation - if required
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- An award winning training and development programme helping you to achieve the next level if you want to!
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Preparing and serving our menu to a high standard as per Company specification to ensure our guests return again and again
- Maintaining food hygiene and health & safety standards within the business and completion of Company paperwork with regards to such standards
- Receiving deliveries and maintaining the correct storage of food
- Taking lead & responsibility in the absence of the Kitchen Manager
- Maintaining and clean and safe kitchen environment
The right person will have a positive hands on approach, good communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential however further training and development will be given in house and also in our Development Kitchen in Hertford. You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
- Contract type:
- Up to £20,000 per year (Depending on experience)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live Out