Trainee Assistant Manager, Coopers Arms, Hitchin
Trainee Assistant Manager
We are currently recruiting for a talented, guest focussed individual to join us as an Trainee Assistant Manager at this friendly and locally known pub.
Just a moment’s stroll from the bustling town centre, the Cooper’s Arms really is a quality local pub, offering fresh food, hand crafted local ales and barrelfuls of old world charm that make it genuinely relaxing retreat. Whether drinking or eating alfresco when the weather permits, or cosying up by the roaring fire, you won’t find a better place to relax, unwind and indulge. In fact this is our Retail Director’s favourite pub – and we’re sure it will be yours too!
The Coopers Arms is part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Great accommodation (if required)
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic career development – currently over 50% of McMullen General Managers were promoted internally
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Exceeding guest expectations daily
- Leading the team to deliver outstanding service
- Coach and guide new Team Members
- All aspects of cash and stock control
- Management duties including dealing with bookings/functions, rota planning, cellar management, and deputising in the Managers absence
Previous experience at Assistant Manager level is essential however further training will be given through the McMullen Gold Award.
Interested? Great. Please apply and we'll be in touch!
- Contract type:
- Up to £8.48 oer hour (Depending on experience and Live In/Live Out)
- Contract hours:
- Live in/out:
- Live In or Live Out