An amazing opportunity has arisen for an Under Brewer to join the team at our Hertford brewery. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to
- create, develop and market new products;
- work on the whole spectrum of jobs required in a brewery; and
- have an established route to market allowing close contact with customers and consumers.
The main duties of the role will be to identify current beer market trends and consumer demand, and then assist in making products to meet this demand in a profitable manner.
With 193 years of brewing history, McMullen’s strive to maintain quality and consistency in our heritage beers, alongside innovation and creativity in our seasonal and Rivertown products. Reporting to the Head Brewer, the Under Brewer will be integral in producing great beers that meet the demands of the discerning drinkers in our pubs. The right candidate is likely to be new, or relatively new, to the industry and will have a passion for brewing and all things beer. They will need to be trained to a minimum of a degree level qualification in brewing and distillation, plus be able to work at our brewery based in the centre of Hertford.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- to enable continual product development;
- to assist with the end to end activities of the brewing process ensuring the delivery of beer to distribution;
- to complete brewery paper and lab work when required and provide essential input into control systems; and
- to consider ways of continually improving performance and keeping up to date with new plant, equipment and processes.
- Marketing and Product Development
- to understand consumer demand;
- to attend trade events, festivals, competitions and trade competitions and to liaise with peer brewers to understand current and likely future trends;
- to drive the Brewery’s engagement with our retail teams in the pubs, their guests and the wider public including on Brewery Open Days and tours, and to liaise with Retail Area Managers to improve passion, understanding and delivery of the Brewery products; and
- to develop and manage the Brewery’s social media engagement.
- to fulfil the Head Brewers brewing duties in his absence;
Salary & Benefits
- Starting salary of £28,00 per annum
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- McMullen’s team discount scheme
- Contract type:
- Starting Salary £28,000 per annum
- Contract hours: